Community
News

Water everywhere art show

• Bookmarks: 3

Benefiting the American Red Cross Bahamas relief fund

Yes, it is everywhere. And it will be on the walls of Salto from October 4th through October 30th. This is an eclectic exhibit depicting water painted in several media by local artist, Virginia Unseld. All profits from the sale of work will be donated to the American Red Cross Bahamas relief fund.

Unseld had been preparing this exhibit for months when Hurricane Dorian hit the Bahamas. “I had been looking at so many images of water while making these paintings but the water in the Bahamas was so devastating that it nudged me to use my talents to help people in desperate need.”

Paintings in oils, acrylics and pastels will grace the walls of Salto. The imagery includes Colorado scenes, but also places as far away as Alaska, Croatia, China, and Greece.

The opening reception will be Friday, October 4th from 5:00 to 9:00 p.m. at Salto, 112 E Second Street in Nederland. Live music will be provided by Brandon Harris from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. Purchase a piece of art and help the hurricane victims at the same time. Checks and cash sales only.

3 recommended
bookmark icon