Community
Entertainment

The Golden Cruise…

• Bookmarks: 3

Last car show of the summer brings out all the cool cars

by Aaron Storms

I always look forward to the first Saturday of the month in the summer so that I can drive down the hill and check out all the cool cars and trucks that attend from all over the Denver metro area. Sadly, this was bittersweet this time as it is the last one for the season, just barely beating the snow storm that rolled through the area Sunday night.

The Golden Cruise is officially only supposed to take place in the evening for a few hours, but car owners and families get there around noon and stay until after dark. It takes place on Old Golden Road from the Sonic and King Soopers down about six blocks to the Subway. However, hot rods and classics cruise all the way north to Hwy 58, and east to I-70 in their quest to see and be seen.

There is a great mix of vintage hot rods, antiques, exotics, classics, old muscle cars, trucks, rat rods, and current muscle cars from all makes and models.

Last month I took my 73 Vette Stingray to cruise, but this month I took my 93 Camaro. It’s hard to gawk around at all the cars when driving, so I parked and walked the venue a couple of times, making new friends and enjoying the vendors, food, and atmosphere.

3 recommended
bookmark icon