Community
Government

McCormick announces candidacy

• Bookmarks: 4

PRESS RELEASE – Sahari McCormick is running for Gilpin County Clerk and Recorder to replace the current clerk who is retiring. The Clerk’s office is so very important because the Clerk and Recorder has a connection to just about every person in the county. A Clerk and Recorder records all the details of property transactions, oversees the County Motor Vehicle Department, issues and records marriage licenses, records Commissioner Meeting minutes and conducts general, primary and special elections in the county.  Sahari is excited to be running for this position as her background is tailored for the job, which requires accuracy, attention to detail, people skills, integrity and professionalism. Currently, Sahari manages a staff of three in the Traffic Department of a cluster of five radio stations. There she manages hundreds of thousands of dollars in commercial ads and manages all those details while multitasking. Accuracy is essential! Having worked at the Art Gallery at Washington Hall in Central City, she has experience with greeting and dealing with people and knowledge of the great history in this area. Sahari also worked in psych rehab where she gained experience in dealing with crisis situations, with maintaining ultimate confidentiality, as well as gaining a good deal of experience in how to create reports on a State level. Professionalism and a desire to help were key.

Sahari will be the best Clerk and Recorder because she will bring positivity and enthusiasm to the position. She has the technical skills to do the job, and is very conscious that accuracy is essential. Her management style is to be part of the team, and she wants to work together as a team to serve the people of Gilpin County. “I want to serve the community and I want to prove that customer service is alive and well! I want to create a good environment at the Clerk’s office where people can be served in a positive manner. My integrity, my ability to learn quickly, and my attention to details will go far for to get the job done. I look forward to serving and meeting all the people of Gilpin County.”

As someone who values the diversity in this community, Sahari looks forward to serving the people of this great county as Clerk and Recorder. For more information, reach out to her at Sahari@SahariforGilpin.org, 720-583-4702, or on Facebook at @SahariforGilpin.

4 recommended
bookmark icon