Community
Government

Gail Maxwell announces candidacy

For Gilpin County Clerk and Recorder

PRESS RELEASE – I would like to introduce myself to you. I am Gail Maxwell and I am a candidate for Gilpin County Clerk and Recorder. I became a member of the Gilpin community 21 years ago. My career at that time was managing one of the title companies in the Gilpin, Boulder, and Clear Creek area.

Today, many of you know me as the Current Chief Deputy or the “go to” person in the Gilpin County Clerk and Recorder’s Office. I have been employed with Gilpin County for the last eight years. This comes as a surprise to some because you have seen me almost every day for the last 21 years in the Clerk and Recorder’s office, searching property records. At times I have helped many of you with property ownership questions and helped find information on your property.

I have been preparing for the position with help from current Clerk Colleen Stewart and others to become the next Clerk and Recorder. I have acted as Clerk when Stewart was unavailable.

Currently, you can find me in the office next to the Gilpin County Motor Vehicle Office. In my position as the Chief Deputy, I work closely with the Clerk setting up policies, procedures and operations of the office, along with training and working with staff.

As the Director of Elections, I have proven to have successful elections with integrity and fairness, while at the same time providing leadership and management to staff and 25 or more Elections Judges. I am a Colorado State Certified Election Official for Gilpin County, and have met with activists successfully and set up a new State audit procedure for Elections. I led the initiative for voter ballot drop boxes in Gilpin County.

Protecting your most sensitive information contained in the Gilpin County computer system is important to me. I am privileged to work with U.S. Department of Homeland Security on this issue of security. I have worked closely with local law enforcement during investigations of property and motor vehicle records.

I can walk into the position of Clerk and Recorder with no learning curve and get started by maintaining and moving the office forward.

I work for the people – not the political parties!

I am member of the Secretary of States Election Review Committee and Legislative Committee. In addition, I am also a member of the Colorado County Clerks Association and State Driver’s License Committee.

Lastly, I want to say “Thank You” to the Gilpin community for allowing me to be a part of your life – from your challenges to find answers about Gilpin history, to your happy days of getting married, or for estate questions for family members who have passed. I will continue to help find property and motor vehicle records information to meet your needs.

Most of all, I ask you for your vote!

Call me at 303-582-0367, or email at gmaxwell1@hotmail.com.

Gail Maxwell – your next Gilpin County Clerk and Recorder!

1 view
bookmark icon