Community

For those of you who have given up – Part 2 of 2

• Bookmarks: 1

Life Coaching

By Dr. Mike Brooks

If you feel you have lost hope and can’t continue waiting, what should you do? The tough part about waiting is when you don’t have a realistic game plan then it will become overbearing to you. Time will pass slowly and your focus will be not on the problem but the minute hand on a clock. If you have a game plan broken down in parts it helps get you through the process of making things happen.

Let’s use the example of the parents who want to reconnect with their daughter. I suggest they make a calendar from January to December. On the calendar they can add her birthday and all the holidays and any other special events that pertain to her. Next, they can plan to send cards and a small note with maybe with a small gift card or a check. It’s important not to overwhelm her with gifts and cards, but rather use good judgment on what and when to send cards.

For the person who is trying to better themselves at work, it may seem as though there are few promotions or little hope of moving up the ladder, so they just say that they can’t do anything about their circumstances.

Well my friend there are some things that can be done. Don’t settle for second best, but look to your future and how you can control it. You have to make things happen. If you need to bolster your resume then look at taking some college night courses or online classes. Go to seminars and get hands-on experience that will help build up your resume. Read books that open doors for your line of work. I know many people who have done nothing with their lives because they have no ambition to grow personally. Don’t wait for the doors to open for you. Break through the barriers that are holding you back. You have to make things happen in order to advance in life. Don’t give up! Stay the course and make a difference in your own life. Don’t let people dictate your life and don’t wait for things to come to you.

For those of you in a loveless marriage or relationship, my heart goes out to you. If you do not see improvement and want to see if your marriage can survive, don’t give up. You will have to jump-start your relationship and give it one last chance. If it fails then you can honestly stand before God and others and say I gave it my all. Throwing in the towel before you really know the outcome of your failed relationship can be very painful. When you are lonely at night and lying in bed, the “what if’s” start running through your mind and you dwell on those thoughts. It’s better to give it all you can and don’t throw in the towel right away. Make every effort to explore all your options and plan accordingly to get results one way or another. Sometimes you have to fight for what’s right and stand your ground. So, before you give up figure out what you need to do and go with the plan.

A few tips for those of you have thought about giving up:

–Know that if you plan ahead, many disappointments can be avoided.

–Always believe and have hope.

–Fight for yourself and your future.

–Do not hang around negative people for they will destroy your hopes and dreams.

–Take a leap of faith

–Carve your own future and have a mission statement to defend it.

–Believe in yourself.

–Plan, plan, and plan some more.

–Make realistic goals and stand by them.

–If you give up then have a good reason why.

I understand that there may be some legitimate reasons to walk away from a relationship. I am not suggesting that you do the impossible. Just to look at your situation and see if you are willing to take that leap of faith and try to make something happen.

Do you need to reestablish some goals to stay positive and not give up? Do you need to focus on realistic expectations and see if they can work for you? Are you afraid of the road ahead and don’t know what to do? If you answered yes to any of these questions, give me a call.

Applicable Life Coaching & Counseling Services

Dr. Michael Brooks is the founder of Applicable Life Coaching and Counseling Services. His services are affordable, accessible, anonymous and available by appointment from the privacy of your own home. To avoid travel time and from the comfort of home, many clients prefer to meet with Dr. Mike over the phone or via Skype. The convenience of this type of coaching is the most effective means of Life Coaching and counseling for those who live out of the Denver-metro area. Give Dr. Mike a call! You’ll be glad you did!

www.applicablecoaching.com

mike@applicablecoaching.com

Office: 303.456.0555, Cell: 303.880.9878

bookmark icon