Community
News

Erma Giesen remembered

ErmaGiesen_obitAugust 27, 1919 – December 9, 2015

Erma Cecilia Giesen went home to be with the Lord on December 9, 2015. Erma was the youngest of five daughters born to Lee Roy and Emma Lulu May on August 27, 1919 in Rich Hill, Missouri. She married Melvin L. Giesen in May of 1949 in San Francisco, CA. They made their home in Denver prior to purchasing their home in Central City.

For years you would see Erma walking down daily to the post office to get her mail and always refusing a ride back home with a polite “God wants me to get my exercise. Thank you, honey!”  She loved having friends over to visit her and would always want to get you a cup of tea. Her smile would brighten up the darkest of days, her laughter was infectious, and love was always seen in her eyes. She lived every moment of her life for the Lord and loved nothing more than someone pulling up a chair next to her as she spoke of His great love for us. She constantly said “I don’t care what people do or who they are, I just want to love them and make sure they are going to heaven!”

Erma was a gentle soul, always allowing the Spirit of God to guide her days and nights. She was a warrior of unceasing prayer that brought peace to not only those that knew her but strangers as well. Erma’s love for people allowed her to open her arms to the broken hearted and in return, lifelong friendships were made. She blessed more lives than she will ever know and for that we are forever thankful.

She is preceded in death by her husband, Melvin L. Giesen. Nephew Kenneth L. Kelley and niece Donna S. Palmer survive her.

“Well done my good and faithful servant. You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness.” Mathew 25:21

bookmark icon